Feb 22 , 2014
I will be the first to admit I was skeptical I would find anything new at our local sportsman show this year that I didn’t have, or really needed. I couldn’t have been more wrong! I would like to share with all of you an amazing product I found made by a company called Intovate.com. They make a product called the Ultra Slim 5000 mAh Power Bank and it’s a rechargeable battery pack that will recharge your smart phone, iPad, iPod, digital camera or any other device you can recharge with a USB or Micro USB port. They say you can get up to three charges to your phone off of one single charge to the Power Bank.
The Ultra Slim 5000 recharges at a rate of 85% so that means very little of the energy stored inside it, is lost during the recharging process. It is much more effecient than touch or dock to charge units. The unit is good for up to 500 charges itself, and comes with short circuit protection, over current protection, over charge protection, and over discharge protection. That is a nice thing for people in the outdoors because we may forget to check and see if our camera or phone is done charging while we’re out in the field. It’s a nice safety feature to know it won’t overcharge your equipment and cause damage! The unit also carries a one year warrranty.
• High quality polymer battery, over 500 times life cycle
• Builtin proprietary software to control and regulate temperature, voltage and current
• Multiple protection ,safe and high efficiency
• Clear & simple design ,mobile and portable
• Suitable for nearly all kinds of mobile phones and digital products which have USB cable connector.
• Providing several different charging adapters. Compatible with almost each kind of mobile phone and digital products with USB function.
• Super thin power bank charging for iphone, ipad, ipod, MP3, MP4, GPS , cell phone, Bluetooth device ,some tablet PC and other digital products.
• With a precise IC protector to safely avoid overcharging, overdischarging and short circuit.
• Intelligent singlechip computer control the power, steady and high efficiency.
I had the sales people at our show plug my smart phone into a unit right out of the box , which comes pre charged when it’s new. Of course my phone was almost dead from all the texting, messaging, and pictures I was taking at the show, so I got to see how simple it is to use and how effective it is. Plug in your USB cord to the Power Bank, plug the other end into your phone or device, and push the button. Done! Charging! I was also impressed with how quickly it charged my phone with this. It can take up to three hours or more to charge with my wall charger, and I can get a full charge with this in just over two hours.
I immediately saw a need for this with all the equipment we use in the woods and sometimes are far from an outlet to recharge our devices. I use my phone a lot for pictures in the woods while I’m hunting, and I also use a GoPro camera. Both of these can be recharged so you don’t miss any of your hunt action with this Ultra Slim Power Bank, and can get back to a power outlet to recharge everything or download your pictures and video. Not to mention, I carry it with me in case my phone gets low at school, and I need to answer important emails or messages.
It is a small, easy to carry unit, and weighs very little. I won’t even notice this small little thing in my pack while I’m out hunting this season. I know this will help extend my ability to capture my adventures to share with others, and if that is something that interests you, I highly recommend you check out one of these for yourself!
They also make a unit in two different colors of camo, in a digital pattern, and also the plain black model like I bought.